Our Interim President, Christopher Ashcraft was in attendance of the Future of the Region South Texas conference at TAMIU in Laredo, Texas. We’d like to take a moment to thank all the sponsors and speakers that came together for the greater good of our Lone Star state.
Topics that were covered included:
- Workforce Education and Training
- Economic Development
- Border Issues
- Infrastructure – Water, Safety and Transportation
Here are some pictures from day two of the conference (January 11th, 2019), courtesy of SHALE Oil & Gas Business Magazine:
From the Future of the Region South Texas website:
Held every two years since 1993, we seek to reach out to the leaders of South Texas to discuss issues and concerns that cut across this 47-county region.
Over the years we have achieved many successes that have come about as a result of new ways of thinking about issues and concerns relating to workforce development, investment, economic development, health care, education, and infrastructure development.
In shaping the future of South Texas, the primary objectives are:
- Undertake a regional economic development platform for South Texas in collaboration with colleges and universities
- Develop effective lines of communications with the Texas Legislature and local communities
- Foster public-private initiatives for long term economic development
- Enhance workforce training and education
Future of the Region South Texas comprises of all the counties from San Antonio to Del Rio, Eagle Pass to Laredo, Cotulla to Victoria, McAllen to Brownsville, and from Corpus Christi to Cuero.