Held every two years since 1993, we seek to reach out to the leaders of South Texas to discuss issues and concerns that cut across this 47-county region.
This year, the conference will take place at the TAMIU Student Center in Laredo, TX on January 10th – 11th.
Over the years we have achieved many successes that have come about as a result of new ways of thinking about issues and concerns relating to workforce development, investment, economic development, health care, education, and infrastructure development.
In shaping the future of South Texas, the primary objectives are:
- Undertake a regional economic development platform for South Texas in collaboration with colleges and universities
- Develop effective lines of communications with the Texas Legislature and local communities
- Foster public-private initiatives for long term economic development
- Enhance workforce training and education
Key issues of interest considered during the conferences:
- Workforce Education and Training
- Economic Development
- Border Issues
- Infrastructure – Water, Safety and Transportation